From the day we can start thinking and making decision for ourselves we start to develop dreams. Dreams of being a cop, fire fighter, nurse, pro athlete, artist, even superman at one point. Hey, don’t laugh….Superman was my idol as a little kid. For a few years now, I wanted my own blog. I never had the courage because I was afraid no one would read it but me. I lacked confidence in my writing. I was worried people would hate topics I chose to write about, or the style I wrote it in. So many things kept me from doing it. Till one day, I decided I was gonna go for it. I was ready to take all the feedback and put it out there…..To my surprise it has been accepted well. The feedback has been great. I could have never done it without the confidence I built to do it.
As we grow we become aware of our insecurities and become more self-conscious. We often let society convince us that we are not good enough, tall enough, too fat, too skinny, or we are told “we don’t have what it takes.”
The problem is that people believe that these opinions actually matter. You should never let anyone’s opinion affect your ability to do something.
If you first attempt to do something and fail. Realize that next time you know how to get further. If someone is better than you at something, take time to learn from them and don’t be intimidated. Take all criticism as constructive criticism, not a put down.
If you are good at something and enjoy doing that, get better. There is always room to improve and learn. Like they say, “If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room” and its true. No one knows everything. We can all benefit and learn something from someone.
Here is a list of some things I think can build a persons confidence.
- Be realistic – Accept that you will never be perfect or perfect at anything.
- Take Risk – Yes it is scary, but you will build confidence in knowing that you are not afraid of the unknown.
- Accept Yourself – Once you realize you are smart, beautiful/handsome, ambitious, and embrace all your imperfections, your whole mentality will change. You will notice the boost in confidence.
- Meet your own standards – You will never please everyone. Don’t beat yourself trying. Set personal goals, reach them — on to the next one.
- Roll with the punches – Life will throw some curveballs at you. Do not let these things be a huge distraction. Do not stress over things you cannot change. Embrace it, adapt to the new change and keep it going. There are goals to be reached here!
Confidence really goes a long way folks. Yes, it will be tough. You have to dig deep to gain your confidence again. Just always remember that you are in control of that. No one else! Surround yourself with people who support and encourage you. Negative vibes are contagious and will tear you down. Do not be weak. Do not be persuaded that you are incapable of doing something. Be smart. Be epic. Be daring. Be yourself.
“I feel it’s something that is always there, something you’re born with that gets lost along the way, or stolen by others. Sometimes you have to dig deep to find it again” -Amy Lee Tempest
Check out Legit’s other blogs at